Bachelor of Science in Hotel &
The Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management is a four-year program designed to provide the needed professional preparation and training for exciting and rewarding careers in the Hospitality/Hotel and Restaurant industry. The program integrates a competency based training methodology to prepare graduates to become globally competitive, professionally competent, morally upright, and socially responsible contributors to national development.
The Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management program develops studentís professional and technical competence in preparation for leadership responsibilities in hospitality-related enterprises. It also provides intellectual growth, communication skills, ethical awareness, appreciation of values and society and professional knowledge of hospitality industry. It aims to develop potential hoteliers and entrepreneurs who are equipped with the latest technical and managerial skills geared towards maximum utilization of e-commerce application software in hotel and related travel institutions operations.
The program leading to the degree of Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management has the following objectives:
- To enable students to obtain a comprehensive knowledge and deep understanding of the field of Hospitality/Hotel and Restaurant Management.
- To enable students to get a broad liberal education in the arts and letters, social sciences and philosophy, natural science and mathematics.
- To enable students to get a strong background in business management, information systems and technology, the overall dynamics of organizations; skill in critical thinking; and competence in interpersonal, oral, written, quantitative and computer skills. Practical application receives emphasis throughout the curriculum.
- To enable students to apply basic techniques in performing prescribed range of specific functions in the areas of Food and Beverage, Front Office, and Housekeeping Operations as required in accommodation, food and beverage enterprises.
- To enable students to undertake planning and initiation of alternative approaches to skills and knowledge applications across a broad range of technical and procedural requirements.
- To enable students to demonstrate leadership, communication, and collaborative competence; prepares timely reports related to their area of responsibility as: banquet officer, front office officer, housekeeping officer, headwaiter, and assistant cook among others.
- To enable students to develop the cultural sensitivity, ethical responsibility, and social consciousness needed to become upright citizens of the Philippines and the world.
- Hotel Manager
- Banquet and Convention Coordinator
- Hotel Administrator
- Hotel Sales and Marketing Officer
- Hotel Marketing Manager
- Front Office Manager
- Housekeeping Manager
- Restaurant Manager